Can massage help? Yes it can, I have read a few blogs and I have a client with Gastroparsis. I was already including an abdominal digestive massage for my client, to which she noticed the difference right away. Then I read the blogs raving over the digestive massage. J I have also added essential oils and tuning forks to certain acupressure points during the massage to help enhance the flow and hopefully increase the effectiveness of the massage to reduce the symptoms of abdominal pain and bloating, nausea, and the emotional pain that goes along with that.
Causes of Gastroparesis are unknown, usually is a secondary cause in systemic diseases below
Poor appetite and weight loss,
- Food that stays in stomach to long can ferment lead to growth of bad bacteria
- Food in the stomach can harden and solidify into a “Bezoar”, which can cause obstruction in the stomach limiting the food to pass into the small intestine
- People with diabetes and Gastroparesis have more difficulty controlling blood sugar.
- Blood tests to test blood sugar levels
- Barin X ray
- Radioisotope gastric- emptying scan - Radioactive substances swallowed
- Gastric Manometry – a tube is sent down the esophagus to the stomach and meaures the speed of digest
- Electrogastrography - Speed of digest through electrolosis
- The smart pill - speed of travel through the digestive system
- Upper endoscopy – a thin tube down the esophagus that examines the stomach lining.
The Chinese Liver is responsible for the smooth flow of everything in your body, including your emotions and digestion. So when that flow of anything is impaired the Chinese Spleen, responsible for digestion of anything is weakened and therefore compromised.
So what came first the chicken or the egg? Does it matter? NO!! In TCM the general disharmony is harmonized therefore resolving all symptoms!! To compliment this theory the Chinese see the Liver as the seat of the emotion “anger”. Western psychology and Chinese theory suggests depression is anger turned inward therefore flow is restricted!!