Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Breakfast

This morning was one of those days that my food was SOOO GOOOD I have to talk about it. As the nutrition course instructor I guess I'm expected to eat a certain way, but no matter how healthy, strange, or exotic my food is, I have one huge rule: IT MUST TASTE GOOD!

First, I made a fresh juice of:
1/2 beet with the green tops
3 1/2 apples (I would have used 4 but my kids ate the other 1/2)
3 carrots
7 drops of a kidney yang herbal tonic
1 drop of Cayenne flower essence

Then as I was looking at the other 1/2 of the beet and not wanting to put it away, I chopped it up with the greens and sauteed it in a little ghee (Indian clarified butter) and ume plum vinegar. This went on top of a piece of toast with a quick spritz of black pepper.

MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! Sometimes beets are so underrated!

No comments: