Friday, February 27, 2009

An Energy Experience

Sometimes when I'm doing my Tai Chi and the energy flow feels really good, I get small beads of sweat on the tips of my fingers. Up until now, Tai Chi is the only time this has happened.

Last night in our advanced Medical QiGong class, we were trading out with a partner on an Energy Tonification Pattern. It's a fairly intense treatment that starts with doing an hour of Tai Chi and QiGong as a warm up, then ending with the energy treatment.

I gave the treatment to my partner first - it is done in standing meditation Wu Ji posture. This consists of basically using a Tai Chi sung technique to get the person into a relaxed state, tapping up and down the meridian pathways to stimulate the Qi, energetically guiding the Qi through the meridian pathways, then emitting Qi to the 3 dan tians ending with Bai Hui at the crown of the head. As I was giving the treatment I had very strong energetic sensations in my hands.

When it was my turn to receive the treatment, I experienced the initial energetic connection as a hum that eventually turned into a full-body vibration. The vibration was so strong that I felt an incredible urge to let it move me, but that would have been inappropriate in the class so I suppressed the urge. The vibration was hot, and I could feel the beads of sweat forming on my fingertips which then intensified the energetic sensations in my hands.

It felt like swirls of energy were coming down from above my head and cascading all the way around me into the Earth. The swirls seemed to envelop the vibration and keep me wrapped in it. I felt GREAT!

I love this work!!!

No comments: